December 03, 2011

Kitchen Redux Part 2


Good morning!  I thought I would give you an update on the progress of my kitchen redecoration.  I'm not quite halfway through.  The walls are painted grey (Sarah Richardson's Para paint SR12 Escarpment), the upper cabinets are painted white (Benjamin Moore's Contractors white), and the cracked wall is covered with anaglypta painted white and topped with a chair rail (sort of - actually a bit of baseboard from the Restore so the profile would fit under the door frame and not be too obvious at the archway).

Cupboard above fridge
Cupboard above stove and counter

Merry Christmas!  The rug wreath was hooked by my father about 30 years ago.

This is the left hand wall leading into the living room.  The rolling pin from a single piece of wood belonged to my Grandmother and is over 100 years old.

My sister, Connie helped me assemble a black metal rack from Home Depot (a steal at $90 and very heavy duty).  The wooden boxes on the top shelf will be painted red (Sarah Richardson's Para paint SR53 Orchard) and some more will be purchased for the second shelf.




So - what is left to do?  Well, I need to paint the bottom cupboards (Behr paint UL260-22 Pencil Point), make new drapes, recover the floor with grey peel and stick tiles, renew the grout on the backsplash, paint the railing black, and then there are some surprise decorative accessories.  My next post on the kitchen will show you the finished product.  Here's a sneak peek of  the drapery fabric with the paint samples fanned out.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon (Waugh) HarroldAugust 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM

    Hey Julie - just found your blog. Love the colours here that you're doing in your kitchen. I have a very colourful kitchen too! Black, white, red, yellow, blue and green! Yay colour! Good job.

    Sharon Waugh Harrold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.