July 31, 2012

Auction Deals

I attended my first real auction on Sunday.  It was the estate of Kirk Whipper (founder of the Canadian Canoe Museum).  Most of the items were canoe related and some were museum quality.  My niece is a real canoe enthusiast and she wanted to  attend.  She made a couple of nice purchases...


Her friend got a collapsible canoe in really rough shape for $10 but he's a cabinet maker so it'll be a project for him to refurbish it.

My purchases were a little different...


A lovely easel so I can take up painting.  All kitted out in a carrying box with the paint and brushes included for only $25...




And then for $20, I bought two cute enameled cast iron casseroles...


They are from Holland and the pattern is called "tulip"...


I'm so happy with the results of my first auction that I'm going to another on Monday...

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I've never attended an auction. Must have been fun. I'd love to plant flowers in an old canoe.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.