April 01, 2012

New Spring Wardrobe


Having my sewing room finished has inspired me to do some sewing for myself.  I ordered some patterns from Vogue that should arrive in the mail any day now.  One of the patterns is for vintage aprons.  The top fabric is going to be used for that.  It looks great in my kitchen.  Don't you love my Mum's old Singer dressmaking guide?

The red and white fabric will be a top for me and the blue stripes and flowers will be part of a baby quilt.

There's Finn checking out the fabric - giving it a good sniff.
The lightweight blue denim with white embroidered circles will be knee-length shorts.  The light grey linen will be a long skirt, a pair of pants and shorts. The gorgeous embroidered pale blue and grey plaid will be made into a long shirt/jacket kind of garment.  I'm really looking forward to having these pieces in my spring wardrobe.  And now for something completely different...


These gorgeous bright colours are all the rage this spring and I couldn't resist.  The fuchsia linen will be a long skirt - drawstring waist and side slits.  The orange and fuchsia print will be the shirt/jacket.  I plan on wearing it with a little white t-shirt.  I can't help smiling when I see this fabric.  As I get a piece made up, I'll share it with you...

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at fabric, even photos of fabric. These are beautiful peices and I'm looking forward to seeing some of them made into clothing. Enjoy your sewing in your new sewing room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.