December 14, 2012

Suggestions Please...

After lunch yesterday, I stopped at my favourite thrift store and made two purchases...


Sorry for  the quality of the pictures.  I'm baking and just took a quick break for this post.  I know what I'm doing with the skates (copying a lot of other bloggers out there ;).  But the lamp, oh the lamp.  I fell in love at first sight.  A little battered, great patina, completely rewired and $5!!!  Did I mention that it is completely made of metal...



Do I just clean up the brass and find the perfect lampshade?  Do I spray the whole thing white (can I cover that delicious green????)?  Suggestions please - I'm a mass of confusion here...


Julie

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do love that lamp. What a great find for five bucks. I don't know what I'd do with it because like you said, that is a very yummy green. I suggest you hang on to it for a while and wait for that moment when you just know what should be done to it. Happy holidays~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strap the skates on and go skating! Those look exactly like mine, which I've had since I was a teenager and still use.

    Now, the lamp - it almost looks like jadeite. I couldn't cover that great green.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.