December 31, 2012

2012 Reflections


I am sitting here quietly on New Year's Eve reflecting on the year that was.  In some ways, it was a very difficult year but my friends and family made living each day a joy in so many ways.  I include all my friends who read and support my blog as well.  At times, I debated whether to continue writing a blog and at times, I have sadly neglected it but when I seriously consider stopping, I feel it would be like cutting a good friend out of my life so I continue.


I have become reacquainted with friends from high school this year and that has been particularly wonderful.  I feel blessed to have them in my life again.  My group of girlfriends from work have been especially supportive through this difficult time and I am so lucky to have them.  They are no longer "work" friends but are "come hell or high water" friends.  I know they will always be there for me, as I will for them.


My mother will be 88 this coming year and continues in good health.  She only has the normal aches and pains of growing old to complain about and that is a blessing too.  On the whole, the family is healthy and happy and doing well in their studies, their careers, and their relationships.  My wonderful brother-in-law, Bruce is fighting another battle against cancer but he has triumphed twice before and I know he will this time too.  Please pray for him as we are awaiting his surgery date.


I spent 2012 trying to live a healthier life.  I have been successful but have so much farther to go.  The indulgences of the season, sweet, savoury and alcoholic, have added a little weight but overall, I  have lost 36 lbs this year.   This is the first year in a long time that I end it weighing less than on January 1 so I am pleased.  With this achieved, I know I won`t have any problem continuing down this path.  Overall, I ring in 2013 happy, peaceful and healthier and really what more could I have asked of 2012?


Julie

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Anniversary and New Year........will say a prayer for your BIL......Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - Sounds like you did great in 2012!! Your flowers look so great. Congratulations on your weight loss.

    Happy new year.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.