May 31, 2013

May 2013 - What I've Seen and Done and Loved

It was a crazy spring here in southern Ontario.  We witnessed rain, snow, tornado warnings and breath-stealing heat and humidity.  We felt lucky not to bear the brunt of most of Mother Nature's wrath in Peterborough.


I went to the US for my first girls' shopping trip and had a blast thanks to Sandy and Cindy.  I spent some fine time with family and friends and I thank God every day for them.  They save my life over and over.


I had my ups and my downs this month but I had plenty of company.  A new political scandal seemed to break every day this month.  I'm a bit of a political junkie so I've been glued to Power and Politics on the CBC.

My garden has been a source of joy this year.  I planted a lot more vegetables and look forward to eating fresh, organic produce out of my own garden.  One of my goals for June is to start cooking and baking again.  I've been very lax.  The flowers have been extremely inspirational.  My magnolia  tree put on a terrific show this year...maybe its' best.  The lilacs were so fragrant that I bury my face in them every time I step outside.



The highlight of my month was adopting my lovely little kitten Eilish.  She is a spunky little brat but I love her dearly.  Lucy is warming to her but Finnie loves her very much.  He protects her and is very gentle when they are playing and she is being the annoying little sister.  She keeps biting him - especially his tail, poor Finnie.  But he puts up with a lot of her jumping and fighting and biting and when he reaches the end of his rope, he gives her a nip on her foot and growls a warning.



All in all, there were a lot of good times in May.  I hope to finish decorating my bedroom in June and do the "big reveal".  Take care,


Julie

3 comments:

  1. The weather was unbelievable and changing daily, just like the political scandals, finishing off so hot and humid. We start June with our grandson's birthday. A great way to start the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the final results of your remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new kitten is so cute!

    I am glad you had a fun time in the states and your garden looks lovely. your lilacs are beautiful too.

    take care,
    carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.