April 27, 2013

First Fresh Herbs

One of my favourite signs of spring is the fresh herbs shooting through the soft soil.  I can't wait to snip some and make something good to eat.



So I decided to make some cheddar chive buttermilk biscuits.  I was already making some chicken pot pies for the freezer and for my friend, Anne's husband.  She is going out west to visit her daughter soon so I'm making some freezer meals for her husband, Wayne.


I thought it would be nice to top them with biscuits instead of pastry.


The rest I popped in the oven.



Boy, are they good.  So light and tender.


They have a nice tang of chives.  Such a bright green flavour!  If you want to make some for yourself, the recipe is on my food blog.  This time I didn't use my food processor.  If you do it all by hand, may I suggest that you grate the cold margarine or butter?  Don't handle it too much so it will be tender.


I'm joining Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for her Favourite Thing linky party.

Julie

6 comments:

  1. That all looks so yummy. Chicken pot pies are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks melt in your mouth good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum, love biscuits so much, my mouth is watering, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious, Julie! I am a biscuit lover, so I'll have to try these. How nice of you to make some pies for your friend's husband!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I sure with I was at your house to enjoy these goodies! YUM!

    I'm dropping by from Claudia's part. Nice to "meet" you!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have chives, and I have a desire for chicken pot pies...hmmmm I think I will make those bickies tonight.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.