April 04, 2013

Projects

I'm still working on my bedroom but planning a few other projects as well...


Look at this great twin headboard I bought through Kijiji.  Such interesting details.  I saw some benches on Pinterest that I loved and as soon as I saw this, the light bulb lit up.  I have to decide if it will be best upholstered or pillowed - milk paint or exterior latex?  So many choices...

great detail
And my most favourite recent acquisition, a Good Friday freebie...this is probably my new coffee table.





The glass top lifts off like a tray.  It needs a little patching and a little love but it is definitely going to get the Miss Mustard Seed treatment.  I see it in white with a distressed finish to emphasize all those wonderful details.  I'm still debating whether to paint the carved picture in colours or not.

Finally, I've started painting my dressers today...



Julie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I saw your comment on my post about Chickadelic and decided to come check out your blog. I love all of these DIY projects you've got going on! I'd like to try something like them myself some day (although I may wait until I have a little house of my own first!) What did you think of what Kerry did with those window frames in the store? Something like that might be my first adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara - I loved those window frames. I went out and got 3 through Kijiji this week and might have to get more ;) I got so many ideas from Pinterest!!! J

    ReplyDelete
  3. the table is really great Julie - another fantastic project for the house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pieces! I cannot wait to see how the headboard turns out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you and getting to know you.